Dressing with rotating diamond tools has been found to be a reliable technique in series and performance grinding processes, especially those applications using vitrified bonded grinding wheels.
Advantages of diamond rollers
Easy to operate , high dressing efficiency, long service life and stable quality;
It can dress the complex- shaped grinding wheel that cannot be completed by other dressing methods, with stable surface quality and accuracy;
The angular symmetry tolerance of the diamond dressing roller is controlled at 0.5 degrees, and the minimum tolerance of the arc is guaranteed to be within 2 um;
More diamond dressing rollers are used successfully in the following applications:
• the manufacture of ball and roller bearings,for grinding raceway profiles.
• drive technology for manufacturing linear guides, ball screws, gear teeth or racks.
• turbine industry for grinding the blades as well as the blade root and fir tree profiles.
• the automotive and -supply industry for grinding camshafts, crankshafts and gear shafts, fuel injection components, piston rings, joints, ball screw drives etc.
• grinding of precision tools such as taps, twist drills, milling cutters, reamers etc.
• general mechanical engineering for grinding hydraulic or pump components.
Installation instructions for diamond rollers
• The user should use a special roller dressing device as much as possible, and ensure that the machine tool and the dressing device have sufficient accuracy and rigidity;
• The linear speed ratio of the HNT diamond roller dresser and the grinding wheel to be dressed should be in the range of 0.4-0.7;
• The matching clearance between the roller and the installation mandrel should be 0.002mm-0.005mm as much as possible to prevent vibration;
• The user must install the roller correctly and accurately adjust the runout of the roller. After the roller is installed, the radial runout and end runout of the calibration reference surface should reach 0.002mm;
• When installing or disassembling the roller, it is recommended to use the hot-sleeve method (that is, the roller is immersed in 80℃ water to expand the inner hole for easy installation; when disassembling, hot water is poured on the outer surface of the roller); it is strictly forbidden to knock the roller directly to prevent Damage to the profile, inner hole or end surface of the roller;
In the process of dressing the grinding wheel with the HNT diamond roller dresser, ensure that the machine tool has reliable and sufficient cooling;
• During the dressing process, it is necessary to avoid the impact of the grinding wheel on the diamond roller dresser, so as to avoid the reduction of the precision of the roller or even damage; the feed amount of each dressing should not exceed 0.02mm;
• The diamond roller dresser must be maintained and stored carefully to prevent the roller from rusting or accidental damage;
•If there are uncertain factors or unclear points during use, please contact the diamond roller dresser manufacturer quickly. It is strictly forbidden to process or modify the roller without authorization to avoid accidents such as loss of roller accuracy.