Available in standard sizes or customized to specific grinding applications, wheels are manufactured to suit the grinding needs of all customer requirement.
Since there are as many types of wheels as there are grinding applications, correct wheel selection is of critical importance.
Factors affecting the Selection of a Grinding Wheel
Wheel selection is dependant on the kind of material to be ground and the type of grinding operation.
The eight important factors that need to be considered in the selection of a grinding wheel are:
1.Material to be ground and its hardness
2. Stock removal and surface finish
3. The grinding process - wet or dry
4. Peripheral speed of the wheel
5. The area of grinding contact - large or small
6. The grinding application
7. Condition of the grinding machine
8. The type of grinding machine